Microsoft Excel protection methods
Password to open
When a password for opening is set, the document's content is encrypted and cannot be viewed without the correct password.
Password to modify
The content of the document can be viewed but not edited. Excel Password Recovery recovers such passwords immediately.
- Sheet protection, Workbook protection and Shared workbook protection passwords
This type of protection is used to protect worksheet elements, restrict formatting or content changes in the document. Excel Password Recovery recovers such passwords immediately.
Microsoft Excel can use one the following encryption methods, with encryption strengths varying from 40 to 128 bit:
- Weak Encryption (XOR)
- Office 97/2000 Compatible
- RC4, Microsoft Base Cryptographic Provider v1.0
- RC4, Microsoft Base DSS and Diffie-Hellman Cryptographic Provider
- RC4, Microsoft DH SChannel Cryptographic Provider
- RC4, Microsoft Enhanced Cryptographic Provider v1.0
- RC4, Microsoft Enhanced DSS and Diffie-Hellman SChannel Cryptographic Provider
- RC4, Microsoft Enhanced RSA and AES Cryptographic Provider (Prototype)
- RC4, Microsoft RSA SChannel Cryptographic Provider
- RC4, Microsoft Strong Cryptographic Provider
Excel Password Recovery supports all of them.
Excel Password Recovery Help. (c) 2007 Intelore.